Top Mosquito Repellent Bracelet Reviews
The mosquito repellent bracelet is a very popular product for outdoor protection such as camping, jogging, fishing, gardening, etc and specially for kids because they are fun. The mosquito repellent bracelet comes in different colors and forms. Some products are waterproof but check carefully to make sure that the repellent doesn’t dissolve in water. Different repellents are used in bracelets, generally they are made from a natural mosquito reppelent such as citronella oil, lemon eucalyptus oil, geraniol oil and other natural perfumes. They just release bad odors for mosquitoes and don’t kill. The mosquito repellent bracelet is reported to be effective for a minimum of 12 hours and up to a week or even longer. But this is very difficult to verify so read carefully the product leaflet and comments on Amazon . Indeed, one blog reported that they won’t completely prevent bites on the arms wearing the bands and there is no evidence that other parts of the body will be protected. In contrast, repellent activity of DEET-impregnated mosquito repellent bracelets were effective against mosquitoes. So it’s up to you to decide if they are worth the price. Definitively, I’d prefer DEET bracelets but they are not easy to find on the market. Another option would be to buy both the repellent bracelet and the best DEET mosquito repellent reviewed here.
Best Mosquito Repellent Bracelet Review$:0-19; $$:20-49; $$$:50+; NA: not applicable
Mosquitoes are attracted to you from up to 70 meters away by several factors including body odour, exhaled carbon dioxide and by radiated heat. The feeding urge is triggered when the insects’ sensors come within range of the lactic acid on your skin. The vendor claims that for 99% of customers, the mosquito repellent bracelet works, and it has been scientifically tested and proven to work. However, for some people it doesn’t work due to certain body chemistry’s and other overpowering smells such as perfume. Mosquito Bracelets do not contain pesticides. They are made of Citronella oil. This active ingredient is considered to be GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe) by the EPA and FDA and is included in exempt product listings. Mosquito Bracelets are designed and formulated to protect children. If being placed in the mouth for instance, there is no liquid chemical being emitted or ingested. For infants, we recommend though that you attach the Mosquito Bracelet to their stroller or carriages, out of their reach. The Repellent contained in the Mosquito Bracelet is made from herb to form a very effective insect repellent and will not harm the environment.
- Comes with 5 refills for for 70 days or more.
- The bracelet is lightweight and adjustable to fit children, and adults of all ages.
- Made from lemon citronella essential oil.
- Do not contain DEET.
This mosquito repellent bracelet contains no DEET. The natural active ingredient is geraniol oil which disrupts a mosquito’s ability to sense (making you almost invisible to them). Geraniol is a natural found in plants used to by them to defend against insects. The unique microfiber design allows a slow release of the active ingredient unlike silicone or plastic bands. Plus, the adjustable strap means it will fit everyone in your family (or attach it to a backpack, hat, pant loop or stroller.
- Backed by science from the University of Florida.
- High quality, thick, microfibre bands.
- DEET and toxic chemical free
- Unique porous microfiber design allows for a gradual release of geraniol
- Each band (you get 5 per pack) lasts for over 120 hours.
- Perfect for any outdoor sport and activity.
Powerful Protection and Comfortable Fabric with Velcro Adjustable Strap. The Hoont Natural Mosquito Repellent Wristband features a special formulated mix of proven natural plant-derived ingredients (Citronella, geranium, geraniol, peppermint) to effectively repel all mosquitos. It’s DEET free, Chemical Free and Non-toxic. Eliminates the need to apply messy and unsafe chemical-based sprays and lotions. Enjoy your outdoors again with peace of mind; perfect for camping, hiking, sports, fishing, swimming, etc. Fully waterproof and perfectly effective in rain and at watersports.
- Protects against mosquitos, gnats, and midges.
- 100% natural and safe; DEET Free, Chemical Free and Non-toxic.
- 30 days of protection; each refill provides up to 15 days of protection. Package includes to 2 refills.
- Features a practical velcro closure that enables to size and fit the wristband according to your need.
- Made with comfortable hypoallergenic micro fiber; the Hoont™ Natural Mosquito Repellent Wristband is lightweight, non-sweating, and safe even for people with sensitive skin.
The mosquito repellent bracelet from Ultra Band is claimed to be long lasting effective up to 240 hours. It seems to be good for all activities: travelling, camping, cook-out, boating, sporting events, running, beach, biking, gardening etc. It is made of 100% Microfiber with NO DEET or other chemicals used. With its main ingredient, the vendor says it prevents harmful bits of mosquitos and other 150 bugs. Repellency is produced by the components of the Essential Oil Citronella and appears to be acting through direct contact with the bugs rather than diffusion of vapors. All components of citronella oil demonstrated some inhibition of feeding, ranging from very weak inhibition (limonene) to significant inhibition (geraniol and citronellol). There are five bracelets per pack and 1 pack per order. Because the vendor gives some scientific data to explain that this product is effective and than more than 300 customers gave a mean of 4.6 stars, I would recommend this mosquito repellent band !
- Made of 100% microfiber with no Deet or other harmful chemicals.
- Each band has an effective fragrance lasting up to 240 hours
- Ideal for traveling, camping, grilling, boating, exercising, gardening, or just out for a simple walk
- Ingredients: Eucalyptus oil, geranoil extract, citronella extract and lavender oil extract
- Prevent harmful bites of mosquitoes and other 150 other insects that can carry diseases: Yellow fever virus, West Nile virus, La Crosse encephalitis virus, Jamestown Canyon virus, Dengue fever